Wednesday, April 02, 2008

fabric row, philadelphia


fabric row, philadelphia
Originally uploaded by zavodk.
Last week, while on a search to replicate a certain favorite garment, it took me and a crafting cohort to Philly's famous Fabric Row.
One of the things that I love about this city is its murals. Started by the Anti-Graffiti Network it has truly marked the city with rare gems. I am always stumbling upon new murals and it thrills me. I was happy to find a flickr group of them as well.
As for the fabric, I did find something that hopefully will work in the cotton/poly broadcloth variety....lets hope it pays off.
As for Fabric Row, I was remiss to forget how wonderful it truly is...The last time I went was to pick fabric for my wedding dress, this was before I entered the world of sewing on my own. What a community...if one store didn't have what I was looking for they sent me to another.....& there was even a store for millenary supplies....wonder of wonders!  It oozed of old world & South 
Philly & was definitely an authentic shopping experience.  It also was great to support local shops!
As for crafting with Milo...we made felt balls this week....



No comments: