Friday, May 13, 2011

New Ride




Last week, we put to rest
The sweet fabric which cradled our babes next to us.
Whilst walking Ophelia around the block she put her foot through a bit of wear in the fabric and pushed, next thing I knew out popped a foot.
Although sad to see it go, I was excited to make a new one. & with joy rummaged through the fabric stash for something strong, breathable & soft. Luckily I found just the right thing! Scored at a house sale two years back, this lovely lite blue linen with leaf decoration.
It took me all of 20 minutes to make, after studying the old slings mechanics & stitchery.
Viola, new sling. I even think little miss likes it. She has been enjoying the hip carry lately.



As for the old sling maybe the salvageable pieces will go into a little of this or that. We shall see.

No comments: