Saturday, September 30, 2006

a corner of my home....the sewing area


work area, originally uploaded by zavodk.

This is my sewing corner and in the past three months it has become my favorite part of our home. I get to display my works in progress & look at all the fun crafties and little notions of goodness, yayh!

It wasn't until recently that I really started to sew & it has been such a great outlet for my cloistered creativity. I am a poet by habit & have been since the age of 10, but since I had a baby 2 years ago my way with words has taken a vacation. Honestly I don't really think that I have the capacity to form a proper sentence half the time (which I do apologize dear blog readers) Working with something tactile has been really amazing & freeing. Making pretty things that are functional and fun has made me so elated.
I am also happy to put to good use the sewing machine my mother-in-law gave me 3 1/2 years ago (thanks Pat!)

the fabric stash

No comments: