Monday, October 08, 2007

& a few dogs in the mix


Pillow Covers
Originally uploaded by zavodk.
I was recently feeling the need to spice up my life with some new pillow covers. The rest of the house is a disorganized mess and I am working on pillow covers, yikes! The count down is on and I still haven't finished my nappy bag or my mei tai carrier. I did wake up the other night at 4am and cut out the straps for the mei tai, but have yet to put them together.....soon, perhaps....
I did happen to make it this friday evening to a fantastic art opening for a friend Martha Medeira....her work was fantastic, here are some of her paintings....

Martha's Paintings
SugarThis was Milo's favorite painting, "Sugar"
I was truly amazed at how the paintings conveyed the dog's personalities...they were lovely. Her work can be seen at The Regency Cafe in Lansdowne.
Also found out that it was Martha's Birthday today and whipped her up a gift that night when I got home....
Gift-eye glass case and card
Inspired by fellow blogger and former dance partner, Catherine aka Coco Latte....I constructed a lined eyeglass case with custom card. Hopefully Martha won't see this till it arrives at her home....
This weekend wasn't a loss for the craft finds at the yard sales either. Found a bundle of bias tape and ric rac for $1. and a bag full of vintage buttons.....I have to promise myself to finish the baby projects before starting on something else....but I have an inkling that won't happen.
Also found some fun love on the Martha Stewart website last week....if only I had know when I was in Portland.....SailBags.....

1 comment:

Catherine said...

VERY cute, Veda! Nice touch w/ the card. xoxo C