Friday, January 18, 2008

Tedyuscung


tedyuscung
Originally uploaded by zavodk.
Whilst hiking last week in Fairmount Park in the Wissahickon Valley, we stumbled upon the "Indian on the Hill" To locals here he is known as Tedyuscung, but as the handy placard noted, he is a nameless indian watching his tribe push westward for less populated lands (aka William Penn tricked them out of there land.)
It was a banner day finding him....along the trail back the crick (Philly speak for creek) there are many such landmarks; the red covered bridge, devil's pool, the falls.....
I had searched for him before, but I think my mistake than was searching in the summer while the foliage was much denser. In the winter (if you could call it that) it was much easier.
All is well here in small child land. I still can't believe I have 2. Whoosh.
At the moment the baby calls me forth to nurse and its quite hard to blog one-handed. The boy is somewhere in the house, I am sure up to no-good at all. He is angry that I commandeered his seat to write this blog post. I had to mention that it was "our" chair not "his chair"....
Happy Friday!