Sunday, January 13, 2008

enjoying the weather



Originally uploaded by zavodk.
This past week it was in the 60's here in Philly and we celebrated with hike's a plenty. It was amazing to be out enjoying the sunshine and it gave me an opportunity to photograph Nathaniel in lovely outdoor lighting...yippee!
One of our goals this year is to hike early & often. Its sadly exciting to be enjoying a mild winter. Last year was brutal....snow and ice, living in a small Maine town with snowstorms into April.....so this year I will happily great the warm weather even if it doesn't necessarily feel, "right"....
Crafting Update:
Even though I haven't posted a craft sincec October, I have been crafting abundantly....for Halloween this year, Milo requested a green dragon....and this is what I came up with....
milo's halloween costume
The pants, lord help me, were my first time sewing with a jersey fabric...there was much cursing involved, finally after discovering the right tension-stitch combination...it went ok....
the rest were an "ikea hack" of sorts, the patches on the shirt and pants are from ikea cushions and the head & tail were a stuffed dragon that I cut apart. I opened up the head of the dragon and added a stretchy gusset made from the excess sleeves of the shirt to keep the head on...it was a good gamble b/c he actually kept it on. For the tail I just attached a fabric belt and tied it around his waist, it had a nice effect of puffing up, making the tail stick out...twas cute. I was all up for giving him the wings....but he didn't want them.
All in all, I thought it was a charming costume....he definitely pulls off a dragon's behavior perfectly!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my word! Once again...speechless. Great job!

Catherine said...

And Nathanial...I want one! (JK!!!!!!)