Thursday, May 08, 2008

the BAG


the BAG
Originally uploaded by zavodk.
What seems like forever ago, the time before Nate came, I made a bag. It was intended to be The Nappy Bag by Amy Butler, but my adversion to getting through an actual pattern took me away from it to go on my own bagging adventure, to some mixed results. On my way to the induction and following birth of my second son, I was feverishly sewing up the bag, mere minutes before we left for the hospital. It made me feel good knowing it was coming along.
I wanted the bag big, to stash all those incidentals that having two kids require you carry; drinks, coats, snacks, balls, diapers, change of cloths, a bit of craft and the sling.....so I needed it to be roomy, yet lightweight. Here is the result....
I love the bag....its different & can handle all the things that I need to carry, but I think it might be too big....sometimes when I am wearing Nate in the sling, with the bag slung around back, people think I have two children...& really, its soo big, I could truly fit 3 Nate's in the there. It size has made it an object of jest.
Honestly, things do get lost in there.....like my phone, or heaven forbid the keys.....so I am debating, whether to scale down this one, or just make one a bit smaller? I was impressed that I pulled that one off, with only a few alterations towards the end.....& this BIG bag does have its place sometimes....
I also whipped up a changing pad....
matching changing pad
But I think that the bag needs to stick around...we all know that I think big = beautiful...

No comments: