Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inauguration Day


Inauguration Day
Originally uploaded by zavodk.
For so long
I held bitterness in my heart
let myself be a dissident
to my own country
my anger burned like a fiery river
fueled by lies, greed and hipocrisy
now,
waves of relief
pound upon my welcome shores
loathing rolling away with the shifting sands
each spoken word, deed
I believe,
I believe,
I believe
now,
that a change (a chance) has come
& all I have
all that I have held back
comes forth in great tidal floods
my tears
a sign that I too want to be that changed
today,
I want to be an American again
I want to be a part of something good

a leader has emerged
with a voice that I can perhaps follow,
a voice that I want to sing with
free of pride, lies and obvious corruption
and I want to believe
this inherent honesty

No comments: