Wednesday, January 12, 2011

around the house and Iceland too...



These bits of fabric have been patiently waiting for me to turn them into potholders for about a month now. Last month I made a purge of some very ratty potholders and decided to make a few of my own with some great vintage fabric that I scored at a house sale two summers ago. What a great project. Quick & easy. The end results were decent too. I found great satisfaction in quilting them as well, playing along with the lines in the fabric. I see more of these in the future, perhaps as gifts...
What I have realized in my crafting lately is this, I want to complete something and feel good about it in a short amount of time. My time is so limited as it is, that I want the sense of accomplishment with no fuss, no muss.


I also have a stack of bibs that need a bit of embellishment. This is one that I made for Ophelia. She has drooled all over it, which I am taking as a sign of her approval. She is teething now, hands in the mouth, soaking all her cloths and reaching for everything. No longer an infant this one....

Also found this video which can only be described in one word,
Iceland.
Until tomorrow, my friends.

No comments: